In the back of our throat, there are tonsil crypts. Sometimes on these crypts, elements like food left over, mucus, dead cells and bacteria get accumulated and lead to the formation of hard, painful and communicable tonsil stones. These stones give a feeling as if something is stuck in the back of the throat. Symptoms like white debris, ear pain, swollen tonsils, bad breath (halitosis), sore throat, tough time swallowing food, excessive coughing and bad taste in the mouth make people think ‘how to get rid of tonsil stones.’ In the case of bacterial infections, high fever and excessive cough can also take place.
How to get rid of tonsil stones using best oral care: Oral hygiene plays an important role in the prevention from tonsil stones. There are many preventive methods like removing bacteria from the tough while brushing, brushing teeth regularly, gargle with salt water on daily basis, increasing water intake, etc. that helps in prevention of tonsil stones. For best oral hygiene one must follow steps given below:
- Flossing is one of the best oral care regimens that one must follow every day.
- Gargling with anti-bacterial mouthwash twice a day helps in maintaining the oral health.
- Brushing the teeth twice a day helps in removal of bad bacteria from the mouth.
- Using tongue scraper after brushing help in cleaning the tongue.
- There are technical products like the electrical toothbrush and water pik that allows curing tonsil stones.
- Gargling with salt water helps in curing tonsil stones.
For a good oral hygiene one must eat well as well as brush well. This oral hygiene helps in the removal of bad bacteria and food left over and hence helps in finding the answer to ‘how to get rid of tonsil stones?’